This simple and delicious corn salad combines great flavors of the season : corn, blackberries, jalapeno peppers and basil. Fresh lime juice brightens the flavors. It’a a refreshing and colorful side dish , that works with most grilled entrees.
From by the bay, wishing you corn and blackberry food memories!
Blackberry Corn and Jalapeno Salad
- 5 ears of corn, shucked
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice ( 2-3 limes)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and thinly sliced in half rings
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper to taste
- 6 ounces fresh blackberries
- 3 tablespoons torn fresh mint leaves
In a large pot of salted water boiling water add corn for 3 minutes. Drain and immerse in ice water to stop cooking. cool corn down with water. While corn is cooling, place red onion in lime juice and let sit for 10 to 15 minutes to soften. When corn is cool, cut the kernels off the cob. Place kernels in a large bowl, along with the olive oil, red onions with lime juice and jalapeno. Toss well. Add salt and pepper to taste and toss again. Just before serving add the blackerries and mint and gently toss.