I’m obsessed with caramel baking bits. Gone are the days of having to unwrap little caramels out of the plastic and chopping them to bake. I’ve added these little bits to my favorite chocolate chip recipe along with some sea salt and the results are wonderful. If you don’t want caramel in your cookie feel free to replace the caramel with more chocolate chips for a delicious chocolate chip cookie. Either way you will love these cookies. It’s the perfect Valentine to your family all year long!
From by the bay, wishing you salted caramel food memories!
Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
approximately 2 1/2 dozen cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour, plus two tablespoons
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened ( 1 stick)
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- 1/2 cup caramel baking bits
- coarse sea salt such as Maldon to sprinkle on top of the cookie.