Arugula, Strawberry and Ricotta Salata Salad with Balsamic Dressing
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions for dressing:
Take a clean jar with lid, place all dressing ingredients into jar and shake well. Put to side.
- 6 cups arugula
- 4 ounces ricotta salata, grated using large hole
- 4 ounces sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds
Directions for toasted almonds :
Use a small dry fry pan heat and add the almonds stirring until they are golden brown. Remove from heat and let cool.
Directions to assemble salad:
To a bowl add the arugula and then half of the following ingredients: ricotta, strawberries and almonds. Shake jar with dressing and add to bowl. Combine gently and divide between four plates. Top with remaining ricotta, strawberries and almonds on top of each plate.