Cool and refreshing, this simple cold soup uses only four ingredients. Don’t let the simplicity deceive your perception of this recipe, the taste is delicious! This is definitely one of my favorite soups to enjoy over and over again this summer. I use whatever cucumbers I have around and it’s especially a good way to use cucumbers that are a few days old and not at peak.
From by the bay, wishing you cool and refreshing food memories!
Cold Cucumber and Buttermilk Soup
- 1 pound cucumbers, peeled, halved and seeded
- 2 teaspoons jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups buttermilk ( whole if available)
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- optional: diced cucumber to garnish and coarse sea salt such as Maldon
Coarsely chop the cucumbers. Place cucumber along with the remaining ingredients in a food processor. Blend until smooth, about 1 minute. Place in a container and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours before serving. To serve, garnish with diced cucumber and a little coarse sea salt.