Goat Cheese, Concord Grape and Fig Salad with Maple Vinaigrette
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon prepared mustard
- 6 ounces butter lettuce, lightly torn in pieces
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
- 4 fresh black mission figs, cut in half lengthwise
- ¼ cup seedless black grapes, preferably concord
- 1/4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- fine sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
To make dressing combine olive oil, vinegar, maple syrup and mustard all in a glass jar and shake vigorously. Keep to the side until ready to use. Shake again before pouring onto salad.
To make salad place lettuce, grapes and figs in a bowl and add 1/2 the dressing and gently toss. Add salt and pepper to taste and toss again. Arrange on a serving platter. Sprinkle salad with the goat cheese and walnuts. Drizzle extra dressing on top of the salad and serve.